Secret Locker Code
A man forgot the secret code to open his locker. But he remembers the following clues:
- Fifth number plus the third number equals fourteen.
- First number is one less than twice the second number.
- Fourth number is one more than the second number.
- Second number plus the third number equals ten.
- Sum of all five numbers is 30.
Can you find out the secret code to help him out?
Answer on Monday.
3 2 8 11 6
Answer: The code is 74658
Let the second number be x
Therefore the first number is 2x-1
The third number is 10-x
The fourth number is x+1
The fifth number is 14-10-x
By the problem:
Therefore the first number is 7, second number is 4, third number is 6, fourth number is 5 and fifth number is 8.
tienes un error en los signos
The fifth number is 14-10+x
e+c=14, e=14-c=14-(10-x), e=4+x
(2x-1)+x+(10-x)+(x+1)+(4+x)=30, 4x=30-14, x=4